kadicrafts♥

Knitting, knitting and more knitting.

Wednesday 21 March 2012

Mild Chicken Curry recipe

Today I'm going to be posting about a really cheap, quick, easy, and yummy recipe for a mildly spicy chicken curry:
This was really cheap, served two very hungry people, and took about an hour and a half to cook. I got this recipe from my Mum, who made it for me last week for the first time. I loved it so much, I had to make my own!

I got all of my ingredients cheaply from Asda. Here's what you'll need:

  • A 2litre pyrex container with a lid (or any container, with a lid, that you can use in the oven)
  • Mild curry sauce (I used Asda smart price sauce)
  • Sliced chicken (I used Asda-brand frozen chicken slices)
  • Frozen peas
  • An onion
  • Basmati rice (I used a microwave packet which was enough for two)
  • Naan bread (again, I used Asda's own)
  • and, dough balls with garlic and herb spread
All of this cost around £6.65. Usually, buying better quality food is worth it, but this was really nice with all these cheap things. The sauce itself was only 39p!

To make:
Defrost the chicken slices for an hour or two. They don't have to be completely defrosted, but it just makes it easier if they are.
Preheat the oven to around 200°C (or 180°C if you have a fan oven).
Throw in the chicken, half a bag of peas, and half a finely chopped onion.
Now, add the sauce to the dish. Depending on the sauce you buy, might mean you have to do something different - for example, with the brand I used, it says to pour in the sauce, then half-fill the jar with water, and pour that in too. Some brands may be different.
Mix it all up, making sure all the chicken, peas and onion are covered, add the lid, and put it in the oven.


This curry should be left in the oven for over an hour. Stir every 20-30mins. Make sure the chicken is hot, and the onion is soft.


Just before getting ready to serve, the naan bread should be heated in the oven for ten minutes - don't forget to sprinkle both sides of each piece of bread before you put them in. Also, cook the dough balls (or garlic bread) for however long the packet says.
The rice that I used took two minutes in the microwave. I put that on as soon as I took everything out the oven, ready to dish up.


And there you have it! If you're cooking for more than two, simply use more rice, naan bread and dough balls.
It was such a yummy dinner. Upon finishing, my partner said it was the best curry he'd ever had, even compared to restaurants. I think someone is maybe exaggerating here, but I'll take it as a compliment. Also, thanks to my Mum for this lovely easy recipe. ♥

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment